When it comes to expressing appreciation, nothing shows gratitude like a personal card. If you want to write a thank you note for your birthday wishes, make sure that it’s creative and meaningful.
We have shared creative ways to express your thankfulness. Browse through them and discover the best way to write thank you notes.
Hilarious Thank You Notes for Birthday Wishes
There are several reasons you may want to be hilarious in your thank you message. Maybe you’ve had a blissful year full of twists, and some comedic relief is expected, or perhaps you’re not that psyched about growing old.
Try these hilarious options to say thank you for birthday wishes on Facebook:
1. “Thank you, everyone, for all the lovely birthday wishes! I’m still calling it a night!”
Aging is a part of life, yet it’s not easy to come to terms with. We hear you! This quick, simple post thanks all your friends for their well wishes. It also jokes about the existential crisis you may be facing on your birthday.
2. “I didn’t notice I had so many well-wishers, thank you for all the birthday wishes!”
Facebook notifies people on your friend list that it’s your big day. This implies you may get hundreds of birthday wishes from Facebook friends you don’t speak to often. A hilarious response is to acknowledge that you didn’t expect to have so many friends!
3. “Wow! Can my friends stop telling me what to do? Jokes apart, thanks for all the birthday wishes!”
After being overwhelmed with people insisting you have an amazing, happy and incredible birthday, a hilarious and unexpected response is, “You don’t get to tell me what to do!”
4. “I want to genuinely thank Facebook for informing all of my friends (including people I have never spoken in my life) of my birthday.”
This is another glaringly hilarious aspect of Facebook birthdays. Sometimes we befriend people we only meet once. They can either be mutual friends, or you may have added people by accident! That often makes endless birthday notifications. Therefore, it’s funny to say it as it is.
More Funny Ideas
5. “Thank you to all for the birthday wishes! If you didn’t wish me a joyous birthday, expect to be unfriended in the next 24 hours.”
Of course, this is meant to be taken as a joke. But it’s hilarious and might provoke some stragglers to wish a belated birthday out of sheer guilt.
6. “Yeah, thank you for the wishes, but where are my presents?”
As long as your friends can take a silly and sarcastic joke, this is a hilarious response. Try this and gauge everyone’s reaction!
Emotional ‘Thank You for the Birthday Wishes’ on Facebook
People often get emotional about their birthdays. Apart from that, it’s also a natural reaction to aging. You may reflect on the highs and lows of your life. And ponder upon the growth you’ve endured. You might be interested in sharing your feelings in an emotionally charged Facebook post. Here are some ideas of thanking msg for birthday wishes:
8. “I thank everyone for being a wonderful part of my life.”
You may see hundreds of birthday wishes on your Facebook page. It’s always a nice thought to thank people who took time out of their day. You can respond with a deep thank you and express your gratitude.
9. “Time is precious, and I’m overwhelmed by your wishes.’
On every birthday, you celebrate years lived that emphasize how precious time is. If your year was difficult from sickness or loss, you could take this time to share the sentiment of fleeting time. Moreover, you can say thank you to your well-wishers.
10. “Thank you for being a part of my journey.”
This personal message highlights the impact people have had in your life. It expresses thankfulness towards each person that has influenced you on your journey. Convey your gratitude towards every person you have crossed paths.
11.” Don’t take life for granted. Thank you, everyone, for the wishes”
Take this chance to empathize with the fragility of life. No one knows how long they’ll live, and birthdays are a great time to celebrate life. An emotional message about the gift of life while thanking your friends shows you don’t take life for granted.
Simple ‘Thank You for the Birthday Wishes’
Thank you quotes for birthday wishes don’t have to be complicated. You can simply use kind words to express your joy at celebrating your birthday with loved ones. Moreover, you can also make the note sound deep and personal. Check out these simple options to appreciate your friends and family:
12. “Thank you for taking the time to celebrate my birthday!”
That’s quite simple, isn’t it? It doesn’t take much thought at all. Therefore, you can use this for a simple, adequate thank you.
13. “Your birthday wishes made my day extra-ordinary, thank you!”
This message is simple, yet emphasized how much the birthday wishes meant to you. Receiving dozens of kind words and birthday messages will give you a warm, fuzzy feeling! Take out the time to share that sentiment with your friends.
14. “This year I was reminded of the many kind friends I have in my life. Thank you for the wishes and birthday presents I received!’
This is another simple but sweet way to thank your loved ones.
15. “I wish I could indvidually thank everyone for your kind messages. I feel so blessed on this special day.”
If you feel guilty for not responding to each person individually, use this message to acknowledge it. One creative message is better than having to come up with several responses!
16. “Today I feel loved, and I thank you all brightening my day with your birthday wishes!”
Simply share how blessed you feel from the kindness showered upon you.
17. “Here’s to celebrating another great year. Thank you for making this birthday special and divine!”
You can thank your friends for making your day special with this simple message.
Let’s explore the wording for different birthday themes.
Religious Thank You Messages for Birthday Wishes
18. I had a wonderful birthday with my loved ones. Having shared several beautiful moments in fellowship with my friends and family, I missed everyone who couldn’t make. I praise the Lord for all his love bestowed on me this year. I have cherished every moment of the last year. This is the beginning of restoration work I’m destined to do. Thank you, everyone, for wishing me and standing by me. I promise to become the best version of myself this year.
19. Thank you for the birthday wishes yesterday! I appreciate all the loved sent my way. My friends and family who know me know that I don’t make a big deal of my birthdays, but this year seems a little different. I’ve been feeling like a grown-up, and I feel more connected with myself and God. I have realized that I’m in a position to become all God has destined for me to be. Moreover, I make 30 look good! Thanks again for your wishes today!
20. I want to thank everyone—my family, friends, and well-wishers, who sent birthday noted on Facebook and my mobile phone. May Lord in His infinite mercy bless us all beyond our expectations. I pray for guidance and protection for you all. I will always remember and appreciate your kind words.
21. I want my friends and family to know that I’m thankful for all the birthday wishes. I am grateful for the love and blessings I received on my birthday. God has been good to me this year; therefore, may Lord bless you all. Thank you once again!
Thank You Messages for Family and Friends
22. I’ve had a wonderful birthday! Thank you for all my birthday messages, notes, and gifts but most importantly for being great friends and family.
23. Thank you to everyone for all the wonderful gifts and support you have sent my way on my birthday. I appreciate your kind gestures from the bottom of my heart. It feels great knowing that amazing family and friends surround me.
24. I would like to thank everyone for showring me with prayers and singing songs for me. I appreciate people making tweets, updating Facebook statuses, posting our pictures on Instagram, and wishing a happy birthday. Thank you for brightening and making my day special. It meant the world knowing you thought of me.
25. I want to give thanks to my God for granting me another year. I feel blessed and privileged to have friends and family who sent birthday blessings, many thanks to you. Whether you called me, texted, messaged, or visited me, it meant the world. You guys sure made me feel extra special on my birthday.
26. I know I’m awful at keeping in touch with everyone, but it meant the world when you sent a message for my birthday. Thank you for all the love!
27. I wanr ro take this moment to thank everybody who wished me on my special day. Thank you so much. This woman knows how lucky she is to have friends like you. I have been one lucky woman! Thank you, God, for the wonderful friends and family. One day we will celebrate together again, and I hope that all of us are there.
Facebook Status Thank You Notes for Birthday Wishes From Work Mates
28. Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes. With my big day being so close to the holiday weekend this year, I took several days off and enjoyed an awesome time. The weather was phenomenal, and my family loved unwrapping all the presents sent our way. I spent my birthday relaxing with my beautiful wife and my family, hanging out on the deck, and hosting a BBQ. A special shout out to everyone from my office for sending a video of them singing ‘Happy Birthday’ and slicing the cake. That was so awesome! Sadly, the video quality got lost between my phone and posting it on my Facebook.
29. One of the best parts about my special day was hearing from all the family members, friends, and university students. I want to thank every one for the kind birthday messages. It warms my heart to see the pictures and wishes shared on Facebook. I must admit that I rarely spend time on the internet these days. Everyone made me feel blessed to celebrate another year, and I thank God for blessing me with such loving friends. I send my deepest gratitude, appreciation, and to each of you.
30. Thank you to all my friends and family for the warm birthday wishes. My day started off slow, but everyone turned it to a happy birthday. I was given a big surprise at work with an overwhelming arrangement of cards, cake, flowers, and appreciation. My gorgeous wife wrote a beautiful poem for me and my son gifted me a watch. It was a wonderful day reminding how blessed I am.
31. Thank you to my friends and family who dedicated their time to wish me a great birthday! I appreciate everyone, and also my great team!
Appreciation Messages after a Birthday Celebration
32. I would like to thank my loved ones and family for partying with me on my birthday. Everyone ensured that I have a ball of a time! I am now preparing for my big sister’s birthday party and hope to see all of you there!
33. Thank you to my mates, my lovely cousins, my homeboys, my pals, dear friends, and my colleagues for my birthday wishes. I enjoyed my special day to the fullest, and each one of you made it extra special. Thanks again!
34. Thank you so much everyone who sent cards and wished me a wonderful birthday. It means a lot to me! It also feels awesome to be loved by my family and friends. It’s been the best birthday in years! I feel great to be alive.
35. Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart. My lovely friends and family who ensured all the preparations for my surprise party! I had a brilliant day and felt so blessed to be around such wonderful people.
36. A big shout out to our kids for celebrating my birthday and arranging the birthday dinner! Not only was the meal awesome, but I couldn’t ask for better company. I also want to thank all of you who remembered me and sent a birthday message. All of you made my day! I’m sending love and appreciation to everyone.
How Do You Respond to Birthday Wishes
You’ll need to use some of your wording with a basic outline shared in this guide. It shouldn’t take long to draft a thoughtful thank you note. You can let everyone know how much you appreciate their presents, hospitality, and birthday wishes.
At the beginning of the thank you message, you need to be clear with the person. You must highlight the reason you are thanking them. And for that, you need to be specific. For example, if it you’re writing an appreciation message for birthday wishes, begin by thanking them for their thoughtfulness. Moreover, you can mention the gift, service, or act you’re grateful for and express how much means to you. Remember that even when they don’t expect a thank you note, thoughtful and kind wording is important.
You might feel that the importance of showing gratitude in your thank you note is a given. However, some people might overlook mentioning a simple “Thank you.” The entire purpose of writing an appreciation note is to thank the person for their birthday wishes. Even if you don’t care much for the gift, you should send a note with an emphasis on your friend’s sentiments.
Here are some phrases to help with the opening line:
- Thank you so much for the…
- I am grateful to you…
- Sincerely thankful for…
- I appreciate the gesture…
- Lastly, mention the gift or act you are thankful for
Taking the easy way out by simply stating, “Thanks for the gift” shows a lack of etiquette. Although this is a thank you message, it lacks a personal touch that makes the sentiment seem sincere. Let’s explore the second part of the first sentence.
Here are some ideas:
- Thank you for the candlesticks you sent.
- I am grateful for your kind hospitality.
- I am thankful for your support and your willingness to listen when I need to vent.
- Thank you for watching my kids during my birthday trip.
- I appreciate the gift note to my favorite restaurant.
- Thank you for hosting my friends and family on my birthday.
- Thank you for the birthday card, but most of all, thank you for being at the party to help me celebrate my big day.
Mention Your Reason for Being Thankful
This includes what you plan on doing with the present or how it helped you. Most of the time, this starts in the second sentence of your thank you message.
Here are some ideas of this part of the thank you note:
- My husband and I will celebrate our son’s birthday soon, and we will use candlesticks to make the setting even more pleasant.
- You made me feel like part of your family during my surprise birthday.
- I have had a difficult time choosing my birthday venue, and you helped tremendously by being there for me.
- They serve some of the best pan Asian food in town, so I always look forward to enjoying my birthday dinner there.
Here are some of the things you can mention if your time spent wasn’t as pleasant as you had hoped:
- With the weather being so awful lately, the scarf was a wonderful gift.
- It was so nice of you to give me the box of mixed chocolates.
- You put so much time into getting your home ready for me, and I appreciate your kind hospitality.
Add a Closing Statement
This is something specifically targeted toward the person you are sending a thank you note to. You may draft one or two sentences, depending on what you want to share. Moreover, it depends on how well you know the person. Avoid writing generic notes that could go to anyone.
Here are some creative ways you can end the note:
We would love to have your family over for dinner sometime soon.
I look forward to seeing you and Ellen next time you are in town. Give us a call before visit so we can clear our schedule.
If you ever want someone to talk to, please don’t hesitate to call me!
Perhaps next time we plan a trip to (the name of the restaurant), we’ll give you a call so you can join us.
Sign the Note
Personal signatures emphasize the bond shared with the other person. If you have some “friendship buzz phrase,” this is where you can use it. Apart from that, you can write something that leaves the other person feeling great about the thank you note.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I draft a thank you letter to a manager after receiving a birthday gift? Choose any thank you message from this list. Then edit it and add your manager’s name to the note.
2: What would be the best birthday gift? Wishing someone with kind words from the heart is the greatest birthday gift.
3: How do I draft a thank you message to my Facebook friends for wishing my son a happy birthday? Simply copy and paste the most suitable thank you message on this list. After that, you can edit and post it on a friend’s Facebook timeline.
4: What is the funniest birthday thank you response? We have shared several hilarious thank you message options. You can copy them and add a personal touch.
5: How should I reply when people invite me to their birthday? If you have accepted a birthday invitation, you can thank your host after you join the birthday party by giving a present or a card.