Jobs are hard as they are, but working on a winter day with freezing hands is a whole another struggle.
Freezing hands not only slow down the work, but they also make your fingers hurt. The worst part is that wearing normal gloves or mittens reduces your work efficiency.
So to make things easier for you, we have come up with a list of top 10 best winter work gloves.
These gloves are designed to protect your hands from the harsh winter temperatures without compromising the functioning of your hands.
If you’re ready, let’s go into it!
Best Winter Work Gloves – Our Top 7 Picks
|1. CLC Custom Leathercraft 125L Handyman Flex Grip Work Gloves||4.3||Synthetic Leather|
|2. Carhartt Men’s W.P. Waterproof Insulated Glove||4.5||Polyester|
|3. OZERO Winter Gloves, -20°F(-29℃) Cold Proof Thermal Work Gloves||4||Deerskin Suede Leather|
|4. Ergodyne ProFlex 817WP Waterproof Work Gloves||4||Rugged AX Suede|
|5. Carhartt Men’s Work Flex Spandex Work Glove with Water Repellant Palm||4||97% Polyester / 3% Spandex|
|6. Superior Winter Work Gloves – Fleece-Lined with Black Tight Grip Palms||4.3||SNTAPVC nylon/ Fleece|
|7. Vgo 2Pairs -4℉ or above 3M Thinsulate C100 Lined High Dexterity Touchscreen Synthetic Leather Winter Warm Work Gloves||4.2||Synthetic Leather|
1. CLC Custom Leathercraft 125L Handyman Flex Grip Work Gloves
These CLC Custom Leathercraft winter work gloves are available in five standard sizes, such as small, medium, large, X large, and XX large. The gloves are made with synthetic leather which makes them tough and shrink resistant. What makes them the best winter work gloves is that they are warm but, also do not slip off due to sweat. This is due to their wing strap which tightens on your wrist, but not to a point of being uncomfortable.
2. Carhartt Men’s W.P. Waterproof Insulated Glove
These Carhartt Men’s winter work gloves come in four stylish and masculine colors. Moreover, they are completely made out of polyester which makes them durable and waterproof. Another feature which makes these gloves highly efficient is their reinforced polyurethane palm and a wrist tighteners.
3. OZERO Winter Gloves, -20°F (-29℃) Cold Proof Thermal Work Glove – Deerskin Suede Leather Palm and Polar Fleece Back with Heatlok Insulated Cotton
The Ozero winter work gloves are made from thermal polar fleece with a thermal TR cotton and heated cotton lining to keep your hands warm in harsh winters. The elastic wrist cuffs lock the gloves on your hands while blocking wind from entering the gloves. The gloves are unisex, stylish, durable, and soft as they are made out of Deerskin Suede Leather.
4. Ergodyne ProFlex 817WP Waterproof Work Gloves, Thermal Insulated, Touchscreen, Reinforced Palms
These cool and stylish looking winter work gloves from Ergodyne are not only waterproof, but windproof as well. Hence, you can easily work in any sort of harsh weather conditions except summer of course. What makes these gloves waterproof is their DWR water repellent finish and an outer weather resistant shell. Not only do these gloves keep your hands dry and warm, but they are also very flexible and breathable for maximum comfort.
5. Carhartt Men’s Work Flex Spandex Work Glove with Water Repellant Palm
The shell of these gloves is made out of spandex and mostly polyester. This makes them flexible, waterproof and breathable. They are available in four masculine colors including a bright neon green. Moreover, their ventilated cuffs, finger saddles, and reinforced thumb feature adds to their efficiency.
6. Superior Winter Work Gloves – Fleece-Lined with Black Tight Grip Palms (Cold Temperatures) SNTAPVC
These insulated winter work gloves are capable of keeping your hands warm without causing them to sweat. Moreover, they are flexible and offer a great water-resistant grip so you don’t have to worry about slipping tools from your hand. The best part is that they are puncture resistant so your hands stay protected even while handling the most abrasive tools or items. You can easily cop these in five standard sizes i.e. small, medium, large, XL, and XXL.
7. Vgo 2Pairs -4℉ or above 3M Thinsulate C100 Lined High Dexterity Touchscreen Synthetic Leather Winter Warm Work Gloves, Waterproof Insert
The product is available in six sizes i.e. XS, small, medium, large, XL, and XXL. They are designed for all sorts of outdoor and indoor work such as landscaping, construction work, DIY projects, warehousing, and woodworking etc. These gloves are waterproof, windproof, and weatherproof due to their 3M Thinsulate technology.
8. KINGSBOM Waterproof & Windproof Thermal Gloves – 3M Thinsulate Winter Touch Screen Warm Gloves
- Made with 3M Thinsulate technology – warmth in a lighweight package
- Silicone grip texture for excellent handling
- Stylish design with reflective coating for better visibility
- Waterproof and windproof – warm and can be used in wet conditions
9. G & F Products 100% Waterproof Winter Gloves for outdoor cold weather Double Coated Windproof HPT Plam and Fingers Acrylic Terry inner
- Unisex, vibrant, and stylish
- Keeps your hands warm enough to eliminate the need to wear glove liners
- Flexible, waterproof, and windproof
- Four standard sizes, i.e. medium, large, X large, and XX-large
- Double coat technology of HPT and microfoam retains heat
10. KIM YUAN Leather Work Gloves, with Adjustable Wrist
- Provide protection from injury, weather, moisture, and wind
- Completely manufactured from pure leather
- Equipped to efficiently deal with all sorts of abrasive work
The best pair of gloves for every person could differ vastly. So before making your decision, you need to consider certain factors to make the best buying decision. Here is everything you should focus on while buying the best winter work gloves:
Ever heard of the saying “All that glitters is not gold”? That is true even when buying a pair of winter work gloves. You can always find a more affordable option in this list which ticks most, if not all of your boxes.
Heating and Insulation
Why even buy a WINTER glove when it does not provide you with sufficient warmth? You should always look for fabrics that are known to be warm like wool, polyester, and fleece, etc.
You should be able to easily move your fingers inside your pair of gloves. What is the purpose of buying winter work gloves anyways when you can’t work easily while wearing them?
So while focusing on the warmth of the fabric, also keep in mind the elasticity of the fabric because great mobility is very important with any pair of gloves.
Fingerless winter gloves are of no use because your fingers are freezing off just for the sake of mobility. Find winter work gloves that offer warmth and mobility without being fingerless.
What is the warmest fabric for gloves?
Wool as a glove fabric not only keeps your hands warm and comfortable, but it also does not affect the mobility of your fingers.
Is silk a good fabric for winter work gloves?
Yes, as silk is warm and is known to fit well. However, it is better off as a glove liner than the base material.
What is the difference between a glove and a glove liner?
A glove liner is a thinner form of a glove that is typically worn under your regular winter work gloves for extra warmth.
Should work winter gloves be loose or tight?
It is best that your winter work gloves should be on the tighter side. However, they must not be too tight and must allow easy mobility.
How to measure your hand for buying gloves online?
Using your dominant hand, measure your palm using a measuring tape. Or you could also draw the outline of your hand first on a piece of paper and then measure the dimensions.